Do you know the main factor behind the longevity and performance of your vehicle? Well, it is the fuel injector. But, a vehicle wears down over time and also breaks down with time, so your car’s performance may not remain the same. And it applies even if you have never made any compromises with the fuel quality. Well do you wish to know the reason behind it? It is the lack of proper fuel injector cleaning service.
So, what are the things that you should know about fuel injector service? Here, we have listed the various aspects of fuel injectors and their cleaning services.
What Are Fuel Injectors?
Fuel injectors constitute an important component of a vehicle. They are featured with electronically controlled valves, which spray the fuel into the engine system.
These valves also help the injectors open and close multiple times per second. Another vital component of a fuel injector is the atomising nozzle that makes the petrol or diesel distribution even, thus allowing the fuel to deliver more efficiency and optimum combustion. In short, the function of fuel injectors is to pressurise and pump the fuel.
What Is Known As A Fuel Injector Service?
Petrol or diesel contains high amounts of carbon. The more the car runs, the more the fuel burns. And, continuous burning of fuel produces carbon deposits that get accumulated in the injectors over time. With time, the layers of deposits get thick and create a blockage in the fuel injectors. This situation can give rise to several problems, and for the solution, a qualified fuel injector specialist needs to be hired.
In a fuel injector cleaning service, specialised methods are used for flushing out all the deposited layers of carbon and for subsequent cleaning. Once all the carbon deposits are flushed out of the system, the engine again runs smoothly, increasing its fuel efficiency.
How Should You Know That You Need Your Car Fuel Injector To Be Cleaned?
- Experts recommend getting the fuel injector cleaning done after completing every 60000 to 90000 miles per general automotive rules. Here we give a comprehensive list of the situations that indicate the requirement of a fuel injector service.
A decrease in fuel economy is a strong sign of fuel injector problems. Fuel economy refers to the distance a vehicle can cover using a standard fuel and is usually measured in miles/gallon. Fuel economy is also called fuel efficiency.
- If you find a lack of power in the car, it is also a powerful indication of this problem. Usually, you will notice difficulty using the accelerator and achieving a higher top speed when the power is lacking in a car.
- Issues with the fuel injectors also reduce the overall performance of the car.
- Aren’t you feeling a smooth drive? Are you noticing fluctuations in the RPMs? If yes, it will be called rough idling, and it is also another firm indication that you immediately need a fuel injector service.
- You should not waste any more time if any pre-ignition or knocking sound comes from the engine region.
- Finding it difficult to start your car? There may be multiple reasons behind it, of which fuel injector block may be the one for you.
A fuel injector cleaning does not entail extensive repair work. Instead, it is included in regular car services, making a significant difference in the overall vehicle performance. The gasoline type used in the vehicle also determines how frequently you will need to clean your car’s fuel injectors. So, it is better to use the standard gasoline grade specific to your vehicle.
Why Should You Need It?
Apart from improving a car’s overall performance, there are multiple reasons why you should take your vehicle to an auto mechanic for a specialised fuel injector service. These benefits are as follows.
- This service improves the overall gas mileage.
- We have already mentioned that it increases fuel efficiency. It means a car can run for longer miles on a specific fuel amount compared to the distance it covered on the same amount of fuel before the service. This way, it saves a lot of money.
- Fuel injector service also decreases the emissions from the cars.
- Besides improving, it also protects the car’s performance.
- In addition, it also increases the longevity and performance of the engine.
Where Can You Find The Best Service?
Several repair shops and mechanics in Perth are available. They have delivered some of the best services in the automotive sector across Australia. You can contact them anytime you need. But one vital point you should note here is that whenever you take your car to a company for fuel injector cleaning, you should first ask the mechanic to test the fuel pressure. If they refuse to do it, you should not proceed any further.
Hope, these tips help you find the best mechanics and ensure great health for your lovely car!